I feel like my recipe creations this month have solidly circled around zucchini. As my stash is finally dwindling, this may be my last creation for you. These bars are fantastic for hurried mornings heading off to the office or the school bus. Also serve nicely as an after-school snack or dessert. It’s packed with plant based goodness especially fiber to help keep you filled! A tender not crunchy bar. No oils. No gluten. No refined sugars. I can’t wait for you to try these!
Zucchini snack bars
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 oven
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups plant based milk
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbl maple syrup
- 1.25 cups grated zucchini Drain your grated zucchini in a clean dish towel to ensure that all of the water was removed from the veg.
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts of your choice (I used pepitas)
- 2 tbl chia seeds
- 2 tbl flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbl ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray your 8×8 square baking pan and set aside.
- Into a large mixing bowl add all of your ingredients.
- Stir to combine well.
- Gently spoon the batter into your prepared pan.
- Add to the center rack of your oven.
- Bake for 40-46 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
— Knead to Cook