It’s that glorious time of year where the tomato plants are excessively abundant and I’m overloaded with these gems. I’ve been making marinara, salsa and now this tomato soup! I know it’s too hot for soup but I went there. So let’s go. This recipe is super easy and quite filling!
High protein tomato soup
- 1 baking pan
- 1 Dutch oven
- 1 hand immersion blender or regular blender'
- 1 Drizzle of olive oil extra virgin or avocado
- 10-12 tomatoes washed, quartered or sliced
- 4-6 cloves garlic peeled and sliced in large chunks
- 2 smaller or medium yellow onions peeled and quartered
- 1-2 tbl salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 block silken tofu drained
- 1 small can 5 ounces or so of coconut cream
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Crushed red pepper for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add your tomatoes, onions, garlic and s&p.
- Drizzle the oil over the top of the ingredients.
- Place in the oven and allow to cook low and slow for 2 hours.
- Once the tomato mixture is cooked down remove from the oven.
- Carefully add to your Dutch oven and using your stick immersion blender, blend the mixture till creamy without lumps remaining.
- Add your drained tofu, broth and coconut cream.
- Blend again until well blended and creamy.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as you desire.
— Knead to Cook