Lately, we’ve been really into sandwiches. I never quite understood why we got away from the sandwich. Probably fear of carbs. If you are on a low-carb diet, add this salad to lettuce boats or atop your favorite salad greens. We opt for a good crusty sourdough, toasted to be exact. I’m going to provide options on preparation. This recipe is one of those you create with your heart. Okay let’s go!
Fall vegan protein salad.
- 1 cutting board
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small bulb fennel washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 package extra firm tofu drained, chopped into small cubes
- 1 granny smith apple washed and chopped into matchstick pieces, skin on
- 1 cup kale washed and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 shallot peeled and finely chopped
- 3 green onions trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup High protein unsweetened or flavored yogurt or mayonnaise (plant based)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juiced
- 1 tbl ground turmeric
- After prepping all of the ingredients, add them to a bowl and give a good stir.
- I prefer to allow the flavors to marinade for one to two hours if you can (refrigerate). If not, taste and adjust seasonings as you prefer.
- Serve on bread, salad or with a side of crackers.
- Store the leftovers in the fridge in a glass container with a lid.
This salad is quite addictive. Be prepared. ~xx
— Knead to Cook