Happy May friends! Summer is quickly approaching here in Pennsylvania as we are anticipated to be hitting near 90 by the weekend. I’ve been adjusting my hot morning matching for an afternoon iced and this version is not only super easy but quite refreshing with a punch of mint. I hope you give this one a whirl.
Iced mint matcha
- 1 stick or milk frother
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 10 ounces milk of choice (I used almond/coconut)
- 2 tbl almond milk creamer
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- Into a tall (12 ounce or larger) glass add your ice.
- Pour your milk of choice into your glass.
- Add your creamer and matcha powder to your frother. Most units have a cold frothing setting, use that to blend.
- Pour that over the milk and ice. Then proceed to add your mint extract.
- Add a straw or tall stirring spoon to blend.
- If using a stick frother, pour your creamer and matcha into the bottom of your empty glass. Froth until well blended then proceed to add your milk, extract and ice. Stir and enjoy.
Of course you can certainly add more or less of the mint extract per your taste or omit it all together. This creamy drink is a lovely alternative to an iced coffee during the upcoming warmer days ahead. ~xx
— Knead to Cook