Protein-packed vegan pesto pasta
Looking for an extra protein packed pasta dish? Yes, this recipe fits the bill. Teaming my protein, creamy, delicious pesto with a lentil pasta . And please fear not with the tofu. It’s virtually undetectable and it just amps up the protein and creaminess to the recipe (the magic of silken tofu). It adds no flavor like tofu-haters may think. It is super easy to make and works great on pasta, sandwiches or even as a dip for veggies, crackers, chips or whatever! It also freezes perfectly well.
Protein pesto pasta
- 1 blender
- 1 saute pan
- 1 sauce pan
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toast in a dry pan
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 1 fresh bunch fresh basil
- 4-8 cloves garlic use a lot if you love it or less if you don't
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup loosely measured grated vegan parmesan Violife
- 8 oz or half of a package of silken tofu
- 1 tbl salt
- fresh black pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- 1 box lentil pasta
- Dry roast your pine nuts in a dry pan over low heat. Watch carefully.
- Into a high speed blender, add your spinach through tofu. Blend until almost creamy.
- Through the spout on the top of the blender top, drizzle oil oil while the machine is running until a creamy texture is achieved.
- Taste test and add your salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until you achieve the flavor balance you desire.
- Prepare your pasta according to the directions and make sure to salt your water well.
— Knead to Cook