So we love matcha (our favorite is Encha) and with this incredibly hot summer, we love a good overnight oat/chia pudding blend for breakfast. I thought it would be perfect to do a combo deal and it turned out so freaking good! I cannot wait for you to give it a try. Perfect for meal prepping – we made 4 at a time or 1 larger bowl that we can both use. The benefits of oats, chia and matcha are all substantial. Chia is packed with omegas, protein, calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium & phosphorous. Oats are filled with manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, B1 and 5 and folate. Matcha is rich in antioxidants. It contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which is a plant compound that can have positive health effects. Can support cardiovascular health and skin health as well.
Matcha chia oat pudding
- 1 glass jar
- 1 cup whatever milk you prefer
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbl chia seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbl maple syrup or you can use 2 chopped dates
- Sift your matcha powder to remove any clumps.
- Into the bottom of your chosen container, add your matcha powder and a small amount of your chosen milk. Whisk to combine and blend well.
- Add the remaining milk and rest of your ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes then stir again. Repeat until the chia makes the mixture a bit thicker.
- Cover and refrigerate. Serve when ready.
Affiliate links: The best matcha we love and use daily. Incredibly great value on chia. And the only rolled oats that we buy that are certified glyphosate free. Matcha whisk.
Cannot wait to hear what you think, let me know! ~xx
— Knead to Cook