The best spinach and artichoke soup.
Happy almost December! This soup is so easy to whip up and is just addictive. We ate the entire batch, serves 6-8 depending on the serving sizes within 2 days. It’s warming and unique. We love artichokes so this was a no brainer for our meal prep. The flavors really deepen after day one as leftovers. Serve with a nice crusty bread and you have a perfect, cold weather meal. Without rambling along… let’s get this started!
Spinach and artichoke soup
- 1 Dutch oven
- 3 tbl avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbl ground turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 bags frozen artichokes
- 16 oz vegetable broth
- 1 tbl miso paste
- 1 block extra firm tofu cubed
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach leaves or 3/4 bag of frozen spinach
- Optional: top with fresh or dried parsley
- Into you large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat your oil over medium heat.
- Sauté your onions until golden.
- Add your garlic. Stir often and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your seasonings.
- Add your broth, miso and artichokes and tofu.
- Prior to serving, add your spinach to wilt or if using frozen – to warm up. This should take a few minutes. Add your lemon juice for a nice acid. Stir. Taste and adjust seasonings. Proceed to place in bowls and enjoy!
— Knead to Cook