The best vegan protein mug cake!
I got you covered! Some form of microwave cakes have taken social media by storm and honestly I’m not a fan of everyone I tried. Plus getting the right texture minus the eggs… yeah a bit harder. This recipe can be made in a smaller ramekin that is microwave-safe. It comes together in about 3 minutes. You can omit toppings or add whatever you love. Whipped cream. Ice cream. I typically top with jam or like photographed here, a protein vegan yogurt in vanilla flavor. So indulgent without being too much. Let’s get this one started!
Vegan chocolate protein mug cake
Microwave snack or dessert
- 1 microwave
- 2 tbl your choice of protein powder (I used Vega sport)
- 1 tbl oat or all-purpose flour
- 1 tbl raw cacao powder
- 1 tbl chia seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice (coconut sugar or maple syrup) whatever you prefer
- 1/3 cup choice of milk
- 2 tbl chocolate chips You can add to the batter or use as a topping
- Into your ramekin or bowl, add all of your ingredients in the order as listed. Allow the chia to thicken for about 2-3 minutes after stirring to congeal before cooking.
- Microwave for 75 seconds. Remove carefully as the bowl will be hot.
- Allow to cool for about 2 minutes then top with whatever you love (nuts, seeds, nut butter, chocolate chips, fruit, jam etc.) and enjoy!
— Knead to Cook
I just made this tonight and it is so good. Super easy and definitely takes care of that chocolate craving. My new favorite nighttime snack!!
Thank you Melanie for the review! It’s my nightly chocolate craving now too 🙂