I got you covered! Some form of microwave cakes have taken social media by storm and honestly I’m not a fan of everyone I tried. Plus getting the right texture minus the eggs… yeah a bit harder. This recipe can be made in a smaller ramekin that is microwave-safe. It comes together in about 3 minutes. You can omit toppings or add whatever you love. Whipped cream. Ice cream. I typically top with jam or like photographed here, a protein vegan yogurt in vanilla flavor. So indulgent without being too much. Let’s get this one started!
Vegan chocolate protein mug cake
- 1 microwave
- 2 tbl your choice of protein powder (I used Vega sport)
- 1 tbl oat or all-purpose flour
- 1 tbl raw cacao powder
- 1 tbl chia seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice (coconut sugar or maple syrup) whatever you prefer
- 1/3 cup choice of milk
- 2 tbl chocolate chips You can add to the batter or use as a topping
- Into your ramekin or bowl, add all of your ingredients in the order as listed. Allow the chia to thicken for about 2-3 minutes after stirring to congeal before cooking.
- Microwave for 75 seconds. Remove carefully as the bowl will be hot.
- Allow to cool for about 2 minutes then top with whatever you love (nuts, seeds, nut butter, chocolate chips, fruit, jam etc.) and enjoy!
— Knead to Cook