Welcome to my brand new website! I’m so excited and happy to finally have a huge update. Modern look, easier to search and thankfully better printing options. I thought I would kick it off with my daily, go-to Vega protein smoothie bowl recipe that I’ve eaten daily for pretty much most of the past 10 or so years. Over 30 grams of protein, BCAA’s, amino acids and lots of recover ingredients to help repair the damage from working out.
This bowl is perfect chocolatey decadence and serves me well for a quick breakfast, lunch or snack! Super indulgent taste yet beneficial for the body. Plus a frozen treat that lets face it, isn’t ice cream but has a strong frosty type vibe when cravings hit. You can certainly add some greens to this if you wish.
Vegan protein frozen smoothie bowl.
- 1 High powered blender
- 1 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 scoop Vega sport vanilla (or your favorite flavor) protein powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 frozen banana with skin on washed (organic preferably)
- 1 tbsp flax meal or chia seeds
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Add all of your ingredients to your blender and blend starting low and slow and then increasing the speed for about 2-3 minutes or until completely blended and creamy (think frosty consistency). Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite fruit or granola.
or nut butter
— Knead to Cook