Looking for a super easy, cheat Italian sauce/gravy/marinara sauce recipe on the fly? Look no further. This is my oh crap I have no dinner ready and what can I make fast so everyone will be happy? I started working in May (outside of the house) and juggling my schedule/dinner/life has been a struggle on some days, I will not lie. Despite this being super easy, I wanted to share because let’s face it… we all need a quick go-to that will impress your family while saving you a ton of time. Let’s get started!
- 24 ounce jar of Rao’s marinara (or your favorite jarred marinara)
- 1/2 cup of onions
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbl Olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 package of Beyond Meat sausage (brats, sweet or hot), chopped into chunks.
- 1 tbl of Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- Into a large stock pot, add your olive oil and heat over medium flame.
- Add your onion and green pepper and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring often.
- Then add your garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes (avoid burning by stirring often).
- Add your vegan sausage and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until it just starts to brown nicely.
- Add your sauce and stir.
- Add your seasonings and stir.
- Turn the flame down to low and cover.
- Simmer for about 30-45 minutes and top your favorite pasta.
Hope you enjoy this quick Italian hack. I apologize for being so MIA but it happens when life is just insanely busy. Hoping now that school is back, cooler weather hopefully is upon us… that I will be back in the kitchen whipping up some vegan goodness. Stay tuned…
— Knead to Cook