Pumpkin steel cut oats. Vegan. Gluten free.
Pumpkin steel cut oats made in your Instant Pot. Vegan. Gluten free and oh so easy! Has the pressure that Thanksgiving is next week hit you yet? It’s starting to me today. I’m hustling through client cooking so I can start to prep my own food for next week, company and my oldest coming home from college (hello all of her favorites to eat).
I wanted to create a seasonal, hello pumpkin love, easy – fix it and forget it kind of recipe that is perfect for breakfast when you’re focused on the big dinner/company/cleaning. Plus, leftovers keep perfectly in the fridge for up to 5 days. And let’s be honest mmmkay? We all need to be eating at least one healthy meal on Thanksgiving, right?! Without further adieu, let’s get rolling here.
- 1 c gluten free steel cut oats (regular variety not quick cooking)
- 1/3-1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 cups water
- Optional mix-ins/toppings:
- maple syrup
- coconut sugar
- hemp seeds
- chia seeds
- almond butter
- chocolate chips
- almond slivers
- Place all of your ingredients into your Instant Pot and stir well to combine.
- Close the lid and switch the venting knob to sealed.
- Hit the manual button and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cook and naturally release.
- Once done, stir well and taste.
- Adjust your seasonings as desired.
- Spoon into bowels and enjoy.
Stay tuned for several holiday-themed vegan, gluten free recipes this week! Happy Monday friends.
— Knead to Cook