The easiest mushroom bacon. Vegan. Gluten free.
Apparently today is both national sweet potato AND chili day. Figures, I go ahead and share a mushroom bacon recipe. My luck… a day late and a dollar short. (insert smirk)
Now onto this recipe. I’ve vacillated on this pic. I love it, I hate it. Regardless, these babies were gone within minutes. Let me begin by telling you that I hate mushrooms. The texture. The flavor. No. Just no! Well, that is until we are out eating vegan and mushroom bacon keeps popping up & I realize how much I love it. So here is my super easy, crazy tasty and no weird texture mushroom bacon recipe. I hope you leave your fear of the fungi at the door and give this recipe a whirl. Okay, let’s go!
- 1 package of baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-2 tbl of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp of vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- Add a bit of oil to your baking sheet to avoid sticking.
- Into a bowl, add your mushrooms and all of your ingredients.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread the mushrooms out in an even layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and flip each slice.
- Then bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- You may need more time if you prefer super crispy like me.
- Remove and let cool.
This recipe is super forgiving so no stress here. I promise, you will be a convert & love mushrooms after this recipe.
We love these as a soup topper and on salads – or like this batch, Bill and I ate right off the baking tray!
— Knead to Cook