Coconut Ginger Asparagus Soup. Vegan. Gluten free.
Coconut ginger asparagus soup.
As I sit here typing this recipe up, in my very quiet house… I realize it’s still very much summer and a steamy 90 plus degrees outside. However, after my very early gym session, I rushed off to take my youngest to Starbucks & then to school. She started back today. My oldest had her first classes of her college career yesterday & therefore by default… I’m wishing for fall to start now. If only Mother Nature would follow suit.
After the carpooling this morning it hit me that a farmer’s market that I haven’t been to in almost a year, or it has been over a year, was open & I needed some goodies. I found so many bargains. I filled 6 grocery bags for $50! Asparagus was nice & thin & bargain priced at a $1 a bunch. Needless to say, I knew soup would be on our menu. This is a brand new recipe that I created this morning. The end result, luscious and creamy perfection. It took no time and freezes nicely. Perfect time to whip up and freeze for a quick dinner in the fall or winter. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
And I do want to digress a moment & share the nutrient benefits of the mighty green asparagus:
Asparagus is an excellent source of vitamin K, folate, copper, selenium, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, manganese, phosphorus, vitamin B3, potassium, choline, vitamin A, zinc, iron, protein, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid.
- 2-3 tbl olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 lbs of asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 inch nub of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- A few reserved spears
- Fresh chives
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add some olive oil to the bottom of your roasting pan and brush to distribute evenly.
- Add your asparagus and garlic in a single layer.
- Roast for 18-20 minutes if thick spears or 12-14 minutes for thinner spears.
- Remove and let cool to handle.
- Into a high powered blender, or a large stock pot if using a hand immersion blender, add all of your ingredients from asparagus through coconut milk. If there is a soup setting, use that. If not, blend on high for 4 minutes or until completely blended and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve or store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Leftovers freeze perfectly.
And this soup is perfect paired up with a hearty bread for dipping.
I had my first gel injection yesterday morning. I’m able to resume all of my normal fitness there afterwards and I did. Every day is a balance of weightlifting and cardio in some way shape or form. Thus far…
Sunday: 20 mile trail bike ride
Monday: 1h 2m weightlifting, 45m cardio
Tuesday: 40m weightlifting, 30m cardio
— Knead to Cook
It was a pleasure to meet you at VegFest in Bethlehem yesterday. Great blog, and will follow! Thanks. ☺️
Hi Tammy!!! So nice meeting you as well. Happy Monday oxox!