Vegan GF Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Cookies, a staple of the holiday diet, right? Well when you don’t eat dairy or gluten all those classics are off the table… or so you think. I wanted to recreate and old favorite and these came out perfectly. The addition of molasses syrup gives these cookies a great depth of flavor. And please the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is a immediate win in most people’s books so there you go!
Short on time this month so let’s get to this recipe!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbl flax meal mixed with 3 tbl water, stirred and allowed to sit 4 minutes)
- 1 tbl molasses
- ¼ tsp tbl salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Himalayan salt for topping
- 1 bag of Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups (wrappers peeled off)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a your stand mixer, paddle attached, add all of your ingredients through vanilla. Blend until creamy.
- Using a small scoop, place the dough balls on your sheet about 2 inches apart.
- I gently pressed them down a bit to flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes then remove.
- As soon as you remove them, press the pb cups into the center of each one.
- Allow to cool completely.
Sorry for the poor lighting but yesterday was so glum and gray out.
I topped with a pinch of Himalayan salt when the chocolate was melting.
These cookies, once completely cooled/and the chocolate is solid, can be frozen for up to 30 days.
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! ~ox
— Knead to Cook
recently i recd. e mail via Green Planet abt PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM COOKIES at bottom Nutri info doesn’t have amt. by printing mistake I would like to know the values of particular kindly furnish same .Tks
I’ll try to get that posted asap.