These tortillas have been a favorite for the last few months. Super easy to make a flavorful twist on your typical sandwich bread for sure. Not only gluten free, these wraps are packed with red lentil protein and have minimal ingredients. Soft and bendable. So much flavor! Perfect for a side to a bowl, a salad, soup or to use as a wrap or soft taco shell. These are so good!
Red lentil wraps
- 1 High powered blender
- 1 non stick or cast iron saute pan
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups fresh water for soaking
- 1 cup fresh water for blending
- 1 clove fresh garlic clove
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or a curry blend
- freshly cracked pepper
- Spray oil for cooking
- Soak your cup of red lentils in 2 cups of water for 3 hours or so.
- Drain the lentils in a fine mesh strainer and rinse with cold water.
- Add your lentils to your blender.
- Add 1 cup of fresh water to the blender along with the spices.
- Blend until creamy, batter will resemble the texture of pancake batter.
- Preheat your sauté pan over low/medium heat with a spritz of oil for cooking.
- Pour about 1/2 cup or so of the batter into the prepared, well heated pan and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Much like pancake batter, you'll see bubbles appear once the wrap is ready to be flipped.
- Remove and allow to cool on a rack. Serve immediately or allow to cool. Once cooled, store in an airtight container for 4 days or freeze.
*Any high powered blender would work. This is the blender we use daily and is worth every penny if you’re looking for an investment. A hand immersion blender would also work nicely. *This post includes affiliate links.
Hope you enjoy! -xx
— Knead to Cook