Instant Pot Coconut Steel Cut Oats. V. GF.
Instant Pot Coconut Steel Cut Oats. Vegan. GF.
Steel cut oats are the super food that you can prep on the weekend and enjoy all week long. Serve hot or cold! You may have heard of them but steered clear because they differ from the traditional rolled oats you’re so accustomed to seeing. Well steel cut oats are from the same plants but they aren’t rolled in their processing. They are also not steamed like regular oats before they are sliced and rolled to flatten. Rolled oats cook much faster and can be used in the raw form of overnight oats. Steel cut oats take about 10 minutes to cook but are so worth it because the benefits outweigh it’s flattened counterpart.
Steel cut oats are considered a power food. They are an exceptional source of protein, soluble and insoluble fiber, vitamins and minerals. Steel cut oats help improve blood sugar levels thanks to the beta-glucan and also help assist in lowering cholesterol. I partnered these powerhouse oats with coconut which is excellent for one’s immunity as we quickly approach flu & cold season. Coconut’s saturated fat also doesn’t impact cholesterol. Its antioxidant properties are known to slow down the aging process by protecting the body from harmful free- radicals. It supports healthy hair, bones and teeth. The benefits are vast!
This tasty breakfast can be prepped on Sunday and it can be warmed up quickly in the morning for up to 5 days. Perfect quick breakfast idea!
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 1 2/3 cup of water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1- 13.5 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbl of coconut sugar
- 1 tbl of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: coconut flakes, coconut sugar, dried fruit, flax meal or nuts or seeds.
- To cook the steel cut oats in the instant pot: add your steel cut oats and water into your pot.
- Close the lid and lock the release value on the top.
- Select manual button for cooking.
- Adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes.
- After the cooking time has concluded, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure.
- Once released, add your coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon and extract.
- Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serve and enjoy.
— Knead to Cook
Thanks! Good luck Erin!!
Can’t wait to try this!! I needed a new steel cut oat recipe 🙂
I’ll have to try this one. I love steel cut oats!
Oh me too!!! Good luck!