Happy Boston Marathon Monday! Did you watch it? OMG so excited to see a US woman win! Plus all of my friends absolutely crushed it & I’m so excited for them! Okay, so if you could care less about the marathon… let’s talk about the weekend and the fleeting warmth we had on the east coast! Did you enjoy it? Do anything fun? My friend Joy texted me Thursday about a early morning walk Friday. I bagged the gym and we hit the road. 5.5 miles before the mulch was delivered. We worked all day gardening, cleaning, weeding and enjoying the sunshine and warmth. It was heavenly. Saturday was still nice so we went for our first of the season trail biking. It was fun and an experiment on how my new knee would hold up. 2 hours of bumpy, rocky and super fun. My a$$ hurts but it was so much fun riding along the river. Then Sunday the cold/windy/rainy weather resumed.
Today was yet another dreary day and I’m in need of making muffin stash for the family. Every week I make muffins or bars for easy snacking, running out the door food. These cinnamon mini muffins came out perfectly! Vegan and gluten free too!
- 1.5c gluten free flour
- 1/3c of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4c unsweetened nut based milk
- 1/3c of coconut oil (used refined if you don’t want the coconut flavor)
- 3 flax eggs (3 tbl mixed with 6 tbl of water -stirred and let allow to thicken)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray your mini or regular muffin pan with oil.
- Into a small bowl, mix your flax and water together and allow to thicken.
- Into your stand mixer, paddle attach, add gf flour, sugar, powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
- Finally, add your milk, oil, flax egg and vanilla.
- Stop and scrape down the sides to ensure that the batter is thoroughly mixed.
- Using a small cookie scoop, ladle the batter into each well 3/4 of the way filled.
- Bake for 18 or so minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Wishing you a lovely week!
— Knead to Cook