Coconut Pineapple Smoothie Bowl. Vegan. GF.
Pineapple coconut smoothie bowl. Originally, this bowl was just a tropical delicious breakfast. Now, per my naturopath, I’ve been making these daily as a snack or even dinner. My allergies are in full bloom, thanks tree mold, and she highly recommends that I eat pineapple daily…
Pineapple is a great source of the allergy-battling antioxidant vitamin C. Bromelain is a combination of protein-digesting enzymes found in pineapple stem and fresh, unpasteurized pineapple juice, and many people swear by bromelain supplements and pineapple juice as a natural remedy for hay fever. But the potential of bromelain and pineapple to relieve hay fever symptoms is not purely based on anecdotal evidence: there is also some scientific evidence suggesting that bromelain extracted from pineapples may help relieve hay fever, perennial allergic rhinitis and sinusitis by reducing swelling and inflammation associated with these allergic conditions. To learn more about the possible mechanisms responsible for bromelain’s purported hay fever fighting effects, keep reading. *Data from Heal with Food. The best way to incorporate the core is in smoothies! Plus the American Cancer Society states that bromelain aids in digestion as well. Plus, it’s a great anti-inflmammatory food.
Okay done with the food nerd information…. let’s get on to the recipe!
- 2 cups of a pineapple, trimmed and chopped into chunks
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 individual container of nut based or coconut based vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbl of coconut flakes
- 1 tbl of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of crushed ice
- *Feel free to add a scoop of your favorite vegan protein powder (vanilla or unflavored)
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Pineapple chunks
- Place all of your ingredients into a high powered blender, I used a Vitamix.
- Blend on the smoothie setting or until completely creamy.
- Spoon into a glass, bowl or into your pineapple bowl.
- Add your toppings of your choice.
If you wish to serve in a hollowed out pineapple…
Halve the pineapple and carefully cut the inside out (using in the smoothie)
— Knead to Cook
Your pictures make mouth water!
Thank you sweet girl! oxo