The best green goddess cabbage salad
If you’ve seen Baked by Melissa’s green goddess salad made infamous on TikTok you know. We made it a few months ago and loved it but over time, the recipe has morphed and we love my version so much that its on repeat quite often. When I walked into Whole Foods today they had some beautiful organic local cabbages and I just knew.
This salad would be perfect on your Easter menu. I often pair it with some tofu or tempeh but any of your protein choices would be great! And listen, even if you think you don’t like cabbage – its truly so good and the dressing just enhances the crunch of the cabbage. I use green cabbage but a blend of green and Napa would also be great!
Green goddess cabbage salad
- 1 head green cabbage finely shred
- 6 mini cucumbers chopped
- 2 cups sugar snapped peas halved and then cut that in half for bite sized pieces
- 4 scallions, trimmed diced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 tbl white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- Starting the salad first, finely chopp the cabbage by hand or using a food processor. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Proceed with chopping cucumbers and scallions. Add to the bowl.
- To make the dressing: Add the basil through pepper to a blender or tall container and use a hand immersion blender to blend the dressing until smooth. Taste and add additional salt or pepper as desired. Garnish with sunflower seeds if using.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the greens and toss to coat. Again, taste and adjust seasoning as you wish. Serve immediately or store in a glass container for up to 4 days.
— Knead to Cook