The best combination of flavors in a sweet treat maybe EVAH! These popcorn white chocolate chip bars are super moist, crunchy and flavor-packed. I used my favorite popcorn ever, Live Love Pop, and it was the perfect combination with vegan white chocolate chips. I wanted to make something Bill could eat, which is why I used white chocolate chips and it’s perfection. Seriously. Kids, adults & everyone in between loves these. I can’t wait for you to give these a try!
- ½ cup smooth almond butter (please don't substitute other nut butters)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of gluten free oatmeal (blend down to a flour with 6-8 pulses)
- ¼ cup of oatmeal left in tact
- ¼ cup of arrowroot flour or starch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces of white chocolate chips
- 2 cups of popcorn, popped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Into your smaller bowl, add your almond butter, syrup, oil and extract. You can microwave for 1 minute or warm on the stovetop in a saucepan.
- You don't want the mixture hot yet warm and able to be whisked together to blend nicely.
- Next, into your food processor or blender, pulse your oats down to a flour (1/2 cup). Then add your in tact oats, starch, baking soda and salt.
- Pulse a few times to blend.
- Then add your wet ingredients and pulse several times.
- Then by hand mix in the white chocolate chips and popcorn.
- I felt the popcorn blended better using my hands to mix.
- Then pour the batter out into a 8x8 glass pan.
- Press firmly into you pan.
- Bake 24 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Remove and let it cool for 10 minutes out on the counter and then I refrigerated for about 30 minutes.
- Cut once cooled.
I found these really good vegan white chocolate chips here. I’m normally not a fan but damn these are good!
I admit, a truffle popcorn may seem like a weird flavor combination for a cookie but I ate the plain bag I had and turns out… the truffle was heavenly in these bars! Amazon also carries this incredible popcorn.
I found that mixing with my hands was the best way to incorporate the chocolate and popcorn.
Press firmly into your pan. No need to pre-spray. These bars come out perfectly post baking.
Remove after 24 minutes of baking or when the edges are golden brown like this.
Cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!
Thank you Live Love Pop for providing me with the amazing product.
— Knead to Cook