Zucchini season is here and since returning from Spain, I’ve been whipping up loaves about 3 times a week! Zucchini is so incredibly versatile, I use it in smoothies, stir fry/bowls and I do love it in quick breads. This bread is refined sugar-free and isn’t overly sweet. Pairs nicely with vegan butter or nut butter. It’s great snack or dessert. We get through a loaf in under 3 days flat. Freezes nicely. It’s a great one! It’s a one bowl bread too so limited clean up needed. I hope you love it!
Refined sugar-free zucchini bread
- 1 bread pan
- 1 oven
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup nut based milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbl vanilla extract
- 1 tbl ground flax meal
- 1.25 cup well drained, gently packed zucchini shreds
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbl ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds of your choosing. For the top of the bread.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your bread pan with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Into a large bowl add your olive oil through flax meal. Whisk well to combine and allow to sit for about 3 minutes.
- Then add your zucchini shreds through baking powder.
- Whisk until just combined. Avoid over-mixing your batter as it will make it overly dense.
- Gently scoop the batter into your prepared pan and sprinkle the top with your seeds and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted (allow to sit for 30 seconds) pulls out clean. If it needs more time, allow to bake for additional time.
- Remove and allow to cool before slicing.
— Knead to Cook