If you’ve ever eaten at By Chloe, you’ve had the pleasure of trying beet ketchup. I had never even heard of it prior to eating at Chloe’s restaurant but once taste… and Bill & I were head over heels.
So that’s where the inspiration for this yummy recipe started. I researched several recipes online and this was the final creation. Pretty easy. I also went the spicy route but you can easily omit if you don’t prefer spice. This ketchup is perfect with roasted veggies, especially sweet potatoes! My husband loved it on his vegan burger as well.
- 4 medium to large cooked red beets, peeled and diced
- ¾ c of apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 jalapeno, halved (stem removed)
- 1⁄3 c coconut sugar
- 1⁄3 c yellow onion, diced into smaller pieces
- 1⁄2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cloves
- Place all of your ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Once done cooking, when the beets are fork tender, turn the heat off.
- Let the mixture cool a bit, let's say 15 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a high powered blender and blend on high for 60-90 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon into a glass container with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 30 days.
And proceed to devour!
— Knead to Cook