The holidays can’t be filled with sweets only, right? Right! I love giving a healthy alternative for food gifts or treats during the holiday. Each year I seem to make some variety like these, these or these. These are so simple yet packed with a beautiful Rosemary flavor. Plus putting an extra sprig of Rosemary when you pack them adds a bit of holiday flare. And maybe you prefer to stick with sweet treats to giveaway… I get that. But you need some salty snacks when family and friends gather so add these to your appetizer platter or charcuterie board, vegan of course.
Once cooled, these nuts pack up nicely and do ship perfectly as well in a care package.
- 4 sprigs of fresh Rosemary leaves chopped (remove from hard stem) - extra on stem for garnish
- 2.5 cups of raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon of salt (I used Himalayan)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for extra kick of heat)
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Into a bowl add all of your ingredients and toss to coat.
- Pour out onto a cookie sheet with sides.
- Spread on an even layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes then shake the tray a bit to move the almonds around.
- Return back to the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with additional salt while hot.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Your house will smell so good. That’s when you know they’re done. Enjoy!
— Knead to Cook