Moroccan Roasted Carrots. Vegan. GF.
This was one of my favorite recipes I created back in the day for Lucy Activewear before they migrated over to North Face. I wanted to get it back on my website so you all have it for reference. This is the perfect spring dish. Great side for your Easter brunch, dinner or for Passover. We love making these for family dinners as well.
This recipe works beautifully with rainbow carrots that are popping up at all the farmer’s markets as well but avoid using the baby carrots. For a more dramatic display, use a long rectangular platter and line each of the carrots up side by side. I still swoon over this one & hope you do too.
- 1-1.5 lb. whole carrots (trim the greens from the top but leave about ½ inch of the stalk attached to the carrots)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more, up to ½ teaspoon, if you prefer)
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne (use ¼ tsp if you don't prefer spice)
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your baking sheet with a bit of olive oil to avoid the carrots from sticking.
- Wash and trim your carrots.
- To prepare your glaze: add all of your ingredients from olive oil through pepper to a shallow baking dish and whisk to blend.
- Add your carrots and carefully toss to coat well.
- Place the carrots on your baking sheet - avoid overlapping.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until fork tender and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Today was a cardio day and that meant 1h15m on the elliptical giving my joints and muscles some recovery from weightlifting. I’ve been fighting a nagging head cold so I hope my sweat session helped me get rid of some nasty toxins.
— Knead to Cook