Green pea ricotta spread. Vegan. Gluten free.
Happy Monday friends. I hope your mother’s day weekend was incredibly fun, food-filled and joyous. This weekend we hosted Kira’s friends for her 17th birthday party. Then after a trip to the gym early Sunday, we went to Philly for brunch and shopping. It was the best. My heart was filled along with my stomach.
I’ve been recreating a bunch of old Lucy Activewear recipes that were lost since they merged with North Face. This is a big favorite for summer, outdoor dining with friends. Easy and prep-ahead! It’s light and filling. Great appetizer or side for dinner or soup. Great for parties too! All of the ingredients can be found at Whole Foods or local specialty food markets. Vegan and gluten free!
- 1 baguette (I prefer Schar for gluten and dairy free option)
- Olive oil (1 tbl in a bowl for brushing the bread)
- 1 -16oz bag of organic frozen peas
- 1.5c Kite Hill ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- ½ lemon rind plus juice
- ¼ c Follow Your Heart parm
- 2 tbl olive oil
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional topping:
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- Additional parm
- Slice your baguette and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush each side of the bread with olive oil.
- Broil for 1 minutes on each side (keep a watchful eye as it can burn)
- Place the remaining ingredients into your food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is blended well and a bit chunky.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Spread on bread and serve.
The mixture does resemble a thick guac.
— Knead to Cook