I had this recipe bookmarked forever from the Healthy French Wife and I finally got around to making it today (well for the blog/photographing). My family loves these cookies. A bit of sweet and salty for the perfect flavor combination. Snacking, lunches, dessert – we survived the day kinda cookie! I won’t lie, life is better with a cookie in it. All great ingredients and nothing processed from a package. So let’s get started!
- 1c almond meal
- ¼ c gluten free flour blend
- 4 tbl of almond butter
- 3 tbl of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbl maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or vanilla paste (use half that amount for paste)
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment or a baking liner.
- In a stand mixer bowl, paddle attached, blend all of the ingredients together.
- Or in a bowl mix all the ingredients until well blended.
- Scoop out with a small scoop and place on your prepared pan.
- Flatten a bit with the palm of your hand and if you prefer, mark with a fork for a classic pb cookie look.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
You can go the classic pb cookie route with the fork mark on the top or not.
These cookies are definitely more blonde and only slightly brown around the edges. I remove promptly at the ten minute mark and allow to cool completely.
Then devour. Happy Friday!
— Knead to Cook